With warmer weather just around the corner (I hope), I thought today would be a good day to share a great summer drink. This “adult beverage” combines the taste of coconut, lime and pineapple in an alcohol infused tropical dream. The tropical depression won’t depress you, but it will depress your ability to notice crappy weather.
Ingredients and Equipment
- Coconut rum
- Key lime liqueur
- Pineapple juice
The Kitchen Experiment:
- Fill the shaker half full with ice.
- Add coconut rum. I like to use Malibu but Parrot Bay is nice, too. I generally add 2 oz.
- Add key lime liqueur. Keke Beach is a really good key lime liqueur. 1 oz is what I use.
- Fill the shaker the rest of the way with pineapple juice.
- Shake well and pour into your favorite glass.
Tips and Tricks
- Blend your Tropical Depression with ice or ice cream for a great frozen treat for the adults.
- Use non-alcoholic coconut juice and key lime flavoring for the kids.
- Key Lime Martinis (twohungrysisters.com)
- 8 Most Exotic Cocktails in the World (and How to Make them) (tripbase.com)
- Cocktail World Cup NYC Finals & The Mysterious Appeal Of Manuka Honey (meerkatproductsltd.typepad.com)